Sity Sauce

DIS Bags, Choking Hazard To Freshmen

Anyone who has studied at Iowa State knows the bright red drawstring backpacks worn exclusively by Iowa State freshmen after they go to Destination Iowa State. This week administration reported that these bags are in fact dangerous to the Freshman who wear them. “We had a couple close calls with Freshmen getting themselves wrapped up in the string and almost choking themselves, so we want to make sure to keep our Freshmen safe.” said Michael Morley, director of Destination Iowa State. If readers are interested in what they can do to make sure Freshmen stay safe, Iowa State administrators have released a full list of “Safe Freshmen” activities including clipping plastic six pack containers, getting reflective window coatings, and putting mesh over chimney tops.

Correction: A previous version of this story had a quote from an interview with Iowa State Freshman Deliliah Whieth who was quoted as saying “Honk honk honk… honk HONK HONK HONK” in reference to the change in backpack policy. SitySauce Real News department has since been informed that Ms. Whieth was in fact not an Iowa State Freshman but the Canada Goose that walks around on Union Drive. SitySauce apologizes for this mistake and reminds the reader that sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference.

News for the Actual College Experience
DIS Bags, Choking Hazard To Freshmen